Newton Wellesley Hospital
Member - Skilled Nursing Facility Cross Continuum Team
Member - Partners HealthCare Skilled Nursing Facility Collaborative
Provider - CMS 3-day waiver
The Art Connection
We are an Art Grant Recipient, grateful for the original works of art placed in our common spaces
Music & Memory Program
We are a Certified Site for Dan Cohen’s individualized IPod program
Namaste Care Program
We incorporate Joyce Simard’s program, honoring the spirit within, as part of our approach to end of life care.
- The Elizabeth Seton Residence has been recognized as a 2017 recipient of the Bronze – Commitment to Quality Award for its dedication to improving the lives of residents through quality care. The distinction is one of three progressive award levels through the National Quality Award Program, presented by the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL), the leading association for long term and post-acute care. The program honors association members across the nation that have demonstrated their commitment to improving quality of care for seniors and persons with disabilities.
- Identified as Top Performing Nursing Home nationally by US World & News Report, “Best of the Best” with 5 Stars in Overall Quality: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
The Elizabeth Seton Residence has once again been identified by U. S. News & World Report as a “Top Performing” nursing home. This year, U.S. News introduced a new and first of it’s kind Short-Stay Rehabilitation rating. They utilized new methodology, with additional scrutiny, of short-term rehab units to identify top performers and the Elizabeth Seton Residence was identified as “Top Performing” in both categories.
U.S. News evaluated more than 15,000 nursing homes nationwide. In 2018 2,975 nursing homes nationwide earned the designation of a U.S. News Best Nursing Home. Only 67 of those homes are in Massachusetts.
- Deficiency-Free Department of Public Health Annual Surveys: 2014, 2015, 2016
- Lori Ferrante received the American College of Health Care Administrators Eli Pick Facility Leadership Award, recognizing leaders of top-performing skilled nursing facilities nationally for achieving high performance in quality goals, survey results, avoiding special focus facility status, and maintaining high occupancy in 2015 and 2016.
- Received the “Women’s Choice Award, America’s Best for Extended Care”, one of just 37 skilled nursing facilities to be recognized in Massachusetts: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Recognized by MassPro / Quality Improvement Organizations, for participation in the Nursing Home Quality of Care Collaborative initiated by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.